Here are the Best Places to Visit in Ethiopia. Ethiopia is more than four times the size of the UK, and with roads in various stages of construction and repair, full day drives are not uncommon. This is compounded by the fact that driving should […]
Must visit our
Explore the world your way
Most Popular Packages
Haile Ethiopia Tours
Haile Ethiopia Tours is a Tour & Travel Company based in Addis Ababa and Arba Minch committed to provide travel & related services to clients worldwide. Our philosophy is all about making your trip as simple and perfect as possible. Our guides having been joining tourists out to the sightseeing’s for decade and know them intimately.
Offers & Updates
Many destinations are described as being “a step back in time” for travellers – but in Ethiopia you can take this literally. The Ethiopian calendar is seven years and nine months behind our own. The timeshift is perhaps the first indication that you have arrived […]
Much of Ethiopia sits over 1,500m high; days can be mild and nights cold – especially in the fog-shrouded highlands, which soar well over 3,000m. The best time to visit Ethiopia is Sep-April, but particularly at either end of the rains – in April, when […]
Northern circuit Ethiopia’s historical circuit has long been a draw for history buffs, archaeology fans and religious pilgrims – yet, like just about everything in Ethiopia, you still have that sneaking sense you’re being let in on an incredible secret; the crowded Vatican City this […]
Most Recent TripAdvisor Reviews
Haile is an experienced tour guide, very open to suggestions from clients and reasonable in pricing. We had a three-day tour of Arba Minch with him, and it was absolutely... read more worth it!
Haile picked us up at the airport and accompanied us until we left; he was an extremely friendly, knowledgeable and fun guide to be with. He knew what hours were... read more good to visit the various tribes and he was right. We had a wonderful experience visiting the Mursi tribe and thoroughly enjoyed being invited in Ari houses and talking with the Benna. Our walk around Jinka market was fun too. Meanwhile, Haile was flexible with the things we asked for which was nice. He was very accommodating. Nice hotel. Overall a wonderful experience and will certainly go down to the Omo valley again with Haile.
Haile was an excellent guide. As some other traveller said, his connection with the peoples and tribes you visit is genuine, and that makes the trip a totally different experience.... read more He engages with the communities and finds the most interesting local guides. Like Franco, an amazing and knowledgable guide for the Hamer People.
The only small recommendation to Haile it's to try to prepare a little bit more information about the itinerary, the costs and the activities on the trip. But I wouldn't recommend anyone else for this area, and I am sure we will be asking for his services again!!
Just did a five day trip with Haile to the Omo valley. Tribes, Markets, Trekking around Jinka. Decided to go during my trip to Ethiopia and at first reaching out... read more to tour guides from
On the road seemed tough as there are many companies around and you have no idea who might be good. He was one of the tour companies that came up on
My google search. From all the companies i contacted from on the road Communication with him was great from the first contact. Quick feedback. Good information. Totally ok with my asks and changes for the trip an very accommodating to my not fixed travel times. Trip down south was great. Reliable car, good camping gear, amazing driver. And he is from the area!! Seems everyone in every town and village knows him.He has great contacts in the villages and to local guides. I decided to go a bit more budget as for a solo traveller its quite expensive. So camping and more basic (but completely fine) Accomodation. But you if you have a bit more money to spend he can arrange everything else that is availble here too and provide whats high end down here. Last 5 days were one of the best travel experiences in my life.
I repost my review because he replied me and just said something like I was lying. I can’t accept it at all and I promise everything is 100% truth.
... read more /> At first I didn’t write all things just because hope he understand it was not correct and improve his service but I made a big mistake. So I will post all now.
1. we met two Mursi boys on the road, the other group tourists gave them two bags as gift but after they left, [other guide Haile just took these two bags and told me they don’t want, I saw these boys cry] and the second day, he wear one of these bags.
2. In Mursi village, the kids asked me for bananas I bought on the road, but Haile saw it and took all many banana, and all kids were crowded with him. But you know what he did??? he throw all bananas far away on the ground and all kids chased bananas and eat on the ground. this made me feel he treat these kids like animal, that was really disgusting.
3. Remember, every village you are going to visit need a local guide with a license. but we visited a harmer village without another guide, which means this was illegal and he can got entrance fee himself, actually we just drove in their house and stayed about 10 min and left. there were only 3 houses. and 2 weeks later, I and my friends visited harmer tribe again with another tour guide , the tribe was much bigger and there was a tour guide just waited us outside of the village. why do I visited it again? because during my traveling, I met other people and we shared pics, and I saw the tribe they have visited was better as well as a tour guide with license, so I wanted to check if he was illegal and visit a more unfordable village.
4. He charged the prices same as many other company I asked both in Addis or Arba Minch. But he offered low quality. He promised me the hotels with hot water everyday but not at all! and one company I asked offered me the same price like him proving hotel worth 880Bri per nigh but the hotel he provided us was worth to 460 Bri( the most expensive one)
5. The car he offered was the worst I saw during my omo village tirp(no considering local bus, only for toursits cars)
6. He was late every day.
7. he added one more tourist the last day without telling me and my friend, and cuz we had waited this guy for a longtime, one tribe we were supposed to visit are missed. btw, we visited Konso village twice just because this new tourist.
8. Btw, the last day during our breakfast, he asked me and my friend to give him good review on trip advisor but we refused. so when he said all other reviews are evidence, I will just smile.
9. And I just can’t believe he begged me to delete my review and said brother please, we had good time balabalabala….. but here, just said don’t know me and his company is awesome.
10. and the company and guide I had was haile, the man in the picture I post this time. (Cuz he said I am talking about another company) And the other two pics are my last posted review and his reply.
We were travelling 17 days in Ethiopia,with Haile, 2 couples.
We were travelling south and north.
Haile was our guide all over our trip.
The car and drivers were... read more excellent.
He was worried all our needs, food ,drink exc....
He booked the hotel before, some of them were o.k and some not, from one side ,when I asked him to change the hotel ,he changed for us, but from other side ,I expect my guide to choose for me a good hotel.
I suggest to check the hotels before.
Haile is very friendly, and funny.
He is warm person, and make you feel comfortable, and free.
I suggest to check all programe ,hotels and places before, and not to compromise.
Finally ,it was a great trip.